|Posted on July 02, 2022 by CodeJunkie
- Change history will now load in a window instead of having the OS open the changes.txt file in the user's default text editor.
- Added an option to allow disabling the splash screen on start up.
- Corrected a bug that would sometimes causes the game room list to duplicate on start up.
- Corrected a bug where a newly created game room was not being assigned its associated server object and causing a crash if that server was not actually available when trying to connect to it.
- Corrected a bug where the server pings were not properly saving when a server wasn't available for a game room and the client tried to connect to it.
- Added a "Refresh" menu item to the main "Games" menu item with an F5 shortcut.
- Installer will no longer have the "View Release Notes" post install task checked by default.
- The game room lobby list columns are now sortable.
- The "My Games" list columns are now sortable.
- The user chat room list columns are now sortable.
- Added the Embaradero Delphi logo and link to the Delphi website in the about screen.
- A sound will now play when a chat message arrives. This can be turned off and on in the chat configuration. It will not play when a game is running.
- Corrected a division by zero error that could potentially happen on the server stats screen.
- EULA will now load in a window instead of having the OS open the lincese.txt file in the user's default text editor.
- Added a "What's New" screen which will display the first time opening the client after updating. It can be disabled/enabled in the general configuration.
- User game profiles now have a base game path field which will be used for doing manual game installs and game detection. It will also be the default path when selecting a path for a new game.
- Corrected bug where the client would crash on start up if prompt for login was not set and auto login was not set.
- User servers can now always be deleted even if a remote admin password is not set.
- The single player and multiplayer stats buttons for user games will now only enable for games that have trackable stats.
- Client will now handle a system channel notice which will inform the user that a client update is now available and display a Windows notification and a chat room notice message in the current chat room they are in.
- Client will now properly handle the Windows suspend/resume states and disconnect and reconnect respectively to the chat system. This will allow for properly notifiying friends when a player's computer goes to sleep and wakes up. This will also allow for an accurate online player listing on the website. If for any reason a player's computer doesn't suspend properly and their chat connection times out, our backend system will handle setting the player to offline.
- Updated game room create/edit screen so that you no longer have to select a server type before selecting a server and unchecking/checking "Allow audio chat" will filter the server list. Servers that do not support audio chat will not be in the server list if "Allow audio chat" is checked.
- The "I will be the server" server option will now be the last server in the game room create/edit screen server list, but only if "Allow audio chat" is not checked and the player has P2P ports configured for the current user profile. It is now also labelled as "Not Recommended".
- Global Conquests's GCFIX.COM file will now be copied to the game folder so it can be used automatically.
- Client now includes the Build engine mouse fix file BUILDMFX.EXE which will be copied to the player's game folder automatically, but will only used if the game is configured to use it. This patch works with the following games:
It can be enabled and disabled on the "Input" tab of the game edit screen.
- Duke Nukem 3D
- Shadow Warrior
- Redneck Rampage
- Client now includes the no vertical mouse movement fix file NOVERT.COM which will be copied to the player's game folder automatically, but will only be used if the game is configured to use it. All Doom engine games have been updated to allow using this fix:
It can be enabled and disabled from the "Input" tab of the game edit screen.
- Doom II
- Final Doom
- Adjusted the DOSBox default settings and the DOSBox settings will now be downloaded when using the reset to default DOSBox settings in the user profile and user game screen. These are now the defaults for these settings:
- Rendering = OpenGLnb
- Fullscreen = On
- Keep Aspect Ratio = On
- Scaling Engine = None
- RAM = 32MB
- Joystick Type = Auto
- Corrected a bug where when using the "Reset to Default" or "Reset to Profile" options when editing a game would not always save the changes.
- Operation Body Count is now supported. Its GOG profile is also available.
- Powerslave / Exhumed is now supported. Its GOG profile is also available.
- NAM is now supported. Its GOG profile is also available.
- Final Doom is now supported. It is listed as 2 games:
Their GOG and Steam profiles are also available.
- Final Doom (TNT: Evilution)
- Final Doom (The Plutonia Experiment)
- All Ultimate Doom, Doom II, Heretic and Hexen map names have been renamed to include their respective in-game names.
- The 3 deathmatch levels for Heretic: Shadow of the Serpent Riders are now available (E6M1, E6M2 and E6M3).
- Added permanent chat channels for NAM, Operation Body Count and Powerslave.
- Updated the "Debug Mode" option on the miscellaneous configuration tab to read "DOSBox Debug Mode".
- Updated the game room create/edit screen to not enable the "Ok" button until all required fields are populated.
- Command & Conquer: Red Alert - Aftermath now supported.
- Game mods and maps can now be used when setting up game rooms! Currently supported games (only full games):
- Ultimate Doom
- Doom II
- Rise of the Triad
- Chasm: The Rift
- Blood / Blood (One Unit Whole Blood)
- Warcraft II / Warcraft II: Beyond the Dark Portal
- Descent II
- Command & Conquer: Red Alert / Counterstrike / Aftermath
- Shadow Warrior / Wanton Destruction / Twin Dragon
- Duke Nukem 3D
- Redneck Rampage / Redneck Rampage: Rides Again
- Game mods and maps will be uploaded to our servers so they can be used by all players and will be synchronized automatically when launching the games from a game room.
- Any custom mods and/or maps will display in the game room info panel.
- DOS Drive "X:" is no longer available when setting up a virtual CD-ROM drive for a game as it is now being used for mounting the mods and maps folder.
- For games that have pre-start options with enemy/monster selections the default is now "None".
- Corrected a bug where selected info panel items' values would not clear from the bottom panel when the info panel's associated list view no longer had a selected item. The screens fixed were the game room lobby, my games, my servers and servers.
- Doom engine games will now use a version of IPXSETUP.EXE from the fragglet/vanilla-utilities suite in order to ensure all mods are properly passed to the primary EXE: https://github.com/fragglet/vanilla-utilities. The games using this alternate EXE are:
The alternate EXE will not overwrite IPXSETUP.EXE, but will be named
- Ultimate Doom
- Doom II
- Upgraded DOSBox to version 0.78.1 of the DOSBox Staging build which provides mount overlay support which is being used to handle mapping to CGA's game mod and maps folders for games that need custom mods and maps to exist in these games' parent folder without copying the files to that folder.
- The game list view columns are now sortable.
- The View menu now has a "Game Mods & Maps" menu item which will open the screen that displays all the games with mods and/or maps and users who have uploaded mods or maps can maintain them from here.
Click here to download the latest client.
|Forward  |  Up  |  Back