188.8.131.52 - 2023/04/29
- Fixed bug wherein refreshing the game list on the game list screen would not disable the buttons or context menu items.
- Fixed bug on the game list screen that was not disbaling the add button or context menu item for unsupported games.
- Players can now rate and review game mods and maps. This can be accssed from the game mods and maps list screen, the game custom screen and the game room create/edit screen.
- Upgraded DOSBox Staging to version 0.80.1.
- The 64-bit client now uses 64-bit DOSBox Staging.
- Fixed bug wherein stat tracking would sometimes not initialize properly.
- Fixed issue wherein DOSBox would crash unless you turned on the DOSBox console. This issue turned out to be with the stdout and stderr files that are written if -noconsole is used with DOSBox. If they were attempting to be written to a write-protected folder, DOSBox would crash. These files will now be written to the client's data folder under the user's profile in order to prevent this.
184.108.40.206 - 2023/04/06
- Added support for KKND: Krush, Kill 'n' Destroy. Make sure to run the setup program after adding to your game profile and select "Reconfigure" inside the game setup program. This will configure the sound card settings. Also, just take the default options for the CD drive and game path.
- You can now configure a default CD Image path per user game profile which will be used as the default path when selecting a CD image file for a new game during manual setup.
- Mods and maps can now be used in single player! From "My Games" click the custom button for games which allow for mods and/or maps, select which mods or maps you want to use and that's it. Launch the game.
- Updated Doom Engine games to remove their config files from overlayed folders, since they auto save after the game exits. (backend)
- Improvements to Ultimate Doom and Doom II stat tracking drivers.
220.127.116.11 - 2023/03/30
- Added filters to the game list window for game type (full, shareware, etc.), genre and relay type (IPX, serial).
- You can now add games to the currently selected profile from the game list screen.
- Added buttons to the game list screen for adding a game, visiting a game website and viewing the players with the selected game.
- Corrected button hints on users with a game list screen.
- Updated game room entry restriction logc for auto launch rooms to restrict based on number of players in the room either on temp max players or max players. (backend)
- Fixed bug wherein leaving a game room would reset the room connection count and temp max players values resulting in undesired behavior. (backend)
- Fixed bug wherein the launch button would not properly enable or disable for auto launch game rooms in some scenarios.
- Added an option to set a default game room name under the Games tab of the configuration screen.
- Moved the mods/maps download location setup to the Games tab of the configuration screen.
18.104.22.168 - 2023/03/28
- Added a game room filter named "Rooms on your Servers" which will filter the list down to rooms only on your dedicated servers.
- Changed hint of the "Allow Max Players Change" checkbox on the game room create screen to make more sense.
- Fixed bug wherein a newly added user server via the CGA client will cause an access violation when trying to create a game room immediately after adding the server.
- Users can now update the country of their dedicated servers from the user servers screen. A backend change has also been made wherein when a new server is registered the hostname or IP address will be geo located and the country set based on the geo location, or if that fails it will default to the user's country as it was before.
- User game profiles can now be configured with a game config type (ie: Manual, GOG, Steam). If anything other than manual is selected the user game add/edit screen game selection combobox will be limited to games with the profile's game config type.
- Added support for Corridor 7: Alien Invasion. A GOG and Steam profile are also available.
- The default size of the main window can now be set. The new size can also be set as the minimum size of the window.
- The main window can be configured to save its size and position on exit.
- The main window settings are on a new tab of the configuration screen named "Interface".
- The client update notification will now let you know what version is now available and will only display if your client isn't the most recent version.
- The backend game room reactivation logic will now make sure the server it's on has enough connection slots available before activating the room.
- Added support for Future Conflict. This game's fix EXE has been added to the client installer as well and will be copied to the game's folder on demand.
- Added a "Games" tab to the configuration screen and moved the game execution options from the general and "Misc" tabs to it.
- Renamed the "Misc" tab of the configuration screen to "DOSBox" and moved the do not ping servers at startup option to the "General" tab, leaving just the DOSBox related options on the DOSBox tab.
- On the "Games" tab of the configuration screen you can now set base game paths for each of the game config types (ie: Manual, GOG, Steam, etc.).
- Fixed bug wherein the selected game profile would become unselected in the main window's combobox when editing it.
- Trying to enter a game room that you don't have a game configured for will now ask if you want to add the game or switch to a game profile which has the game.
22.214.171.124 - 2023/03/23
- Stat tracking initialization optimization.
- When creating a game room from the game room lobby list and a game is selected in the filter that game will now be selected by default on the create game room screen.
- Updating your LFG status in the client will post to the lobby chat channel.
- GUI refinements.
- The game mod/map screen will no longer create tree sub nodes for games that only have mods or maps and clicking the game name will display its items.
- Fixed bug wherein the mod download button on the game mods/maps screen would allow the user to click and download a mod multiple times before a mod completed downloading and could result in access violation errors.
126.96.36.199 - 2023/03/19
- Adjusted how the DeuSF and Sound File buttons work on the game mod add/edit dialog window.
- Changed the "M / M" column and the "M / M" button on game room info panel to "Custom".
- You can now download multiple mods at the same time from the mods and maps screen.
- A custom location can now be set for where game mods and maps will be downloaded. It can be set from the General tab of the configuration screen.
- Added support for Shadow Warrior map packs. Add them via the "Mods" listing under Shadow Warrior and its expansions.
- Added support for William Shatner's Tekwar. Also included is a patched EXE which will be used in multiplayer named TEKWAR11.EXE and will not overwrite the orignal TEKWAR.EXE. This patched EXE improves network reliability.
- Added support for Grandmaster Chess. A GOG profile is also available.
- Added support for Assault Rigs.
- Added support for Extreme Assault.
- Added option to run a game up to the command prompt from the "My Games" screen. It is labelled "Prompt" and there is also a context menu item named "Run to Prompt". This will allow you to test and/or experiment with a game without auto running it and auto exiting DOSBox.
- Added a "Create Room" button on the "My Games" screen and added a context menu item named "Create Game Room". This will open the create game room dialog window with it defaulted to the selected game.
- Game room creators can now set whether max players can be changed or not for temporary rooms for games that require waiting for players.
- Updating your LFG status in the client will post to the #looking-to-play Discord channel.
- Added circular input and deadzone joystick options. All Joystick options will now also reset to default or profile settings.
- Added PC Speaker options DC Offset and IBM PS/1 Audio.
- Fixed some of the sound options on the user game screen which were not triggering the "Apply" button to enable.
- Moved sound options on the user game profile and user game dialog windows into a page control broken out into Speaker, MIDI, Sound Blaster and Gravis Ultra Sound tabs.
- Updated MIDI devices to the DOSBox Staging supported devices.
- Implemented the DOSBox Staging FluidSynth options. In order to use SoundFonts you must select the "FluidSynth" MIDI device and within the game setup change your music card to "General MIDI".
- Terminal Velocity can now use mods/maps.
- Added support for Battles of Destiny. A GOG profile is also available.
- Added support for Theatre of War. A GOG profile is also available.
- Improved game stat tracking initialization process which will allow for much easier updates of DOSBox Staging and porting the client to new platforms.
- Fixed bug introduced in previous update wherein saving a mod file when adding or editing which requires extracting the zip contents to a subfolder would be extracted to the base game mod folder instead.
- Added an option for Blood mods to be set as "Standalone" mods if they are meant to override the game's base files such as the TILESxxx.ART files or any other. The mod "Vodka" is an exameple of this. This option instructs the client to extract the mod files to a subfolder for the mod and mount that folder as an overlay in order to load the mod files. This will prevent this type of mod from interferring with other mods.
- Fixed bug where mods/maps would not filter on the game room create/edit screen when editing the game room.
- Added support for Abuse.
- Game room creators for games that must wait for players and that are temporary can now bet set to auto launch which allows the creator to launch the game for everyone.
- When changing the max players in a tempoary game room the max players data will now sync to all other players when changed instead of when the game is launched. The chat notices have also been updated to reflect who made the change.
188.8.131.52 - 2023/03/04
- Added LZMA zip decompression support for game mods and map files. This means that mods and maps can now be zipped using 7zip or other tools which support LZMA zip compression.
- Added error handling to gracefully handle corrupted avatar images.
- Added better error handling in the event a mod or map zip file is unable to be extracted.
- DeHackEd v3.0a has been implemented for Ultimate Doom, Doom II and Final Doom mods which require it.
- DeuSF has been implemented for Ultimate Doom, Doom II and Final Doom mods which require it.
- Added CWSDPMI.EXE to the client installer and will be used for DeuSF since, in some cases, DOSBox will fail to run DeuSF due to a "no DPMI" error. (??)
- Improved mod/map adding and editing. The zip files will now be copied to the respective game mod folder when adding/updating. For mods/maps that require selecting files from the zip will be opened during editing to list the files in the event they need to be adjusted. If a mod or map zip file does not exist in your local cache then you will be asked to download it first. (This would apply to any mods you uploaded before this update and never used in a game room)
- Corrected bug which was causing an access violation when attempting to move mods/maps up and down in the game room mods/maps selected lists.
- Corrected bug wherein attempting to access a mod or map from the mods & maps screen after opening a game room for the same game would result in an access violation.
- Renamed the "Edit" button in the game room lobby screen to "Edit Room".
- Added Steam profiles for Chasm the Rift and Chasm the Rift (Add On Maps).
- Blood mods can now be configured to use additional command line parameters. -ART, -SND and -RFF.
184.108.40.206 - 2022/09/09
- Added support for Transport Tycoon.
- Added packet reduction options for Duke Nukem 3D.
- Updated the Redneck Rampage Rides Again GOG profile to work correctly with the latest GOG Redneck Rampage installation folder structure.
- The autorun setting for Doom engine games will no longer be applied when running the setup program or the config file be backed up.
- Fixed bug where message stating you can change the max number of players for a game room will no longer be shown when the max players is set to 2.
- All Doom engine games will now use IPXS_VU.EXE instead of IPXSETUP.EXE whether or not mods are used. This will allow the -dup 2 and -extratics 1 options to be used since IPXSETUP.EXE does not support them.
- Added FIX.EXE for Redneck Rampage to the installer so it can be copied and used for RR installs not through GOG.
220.127.116.11 - 2022/08/26
- Auto updates will now install silently/automatically instead of having to click through the prompts.
- The apply graphics settings to all games in profile checkbox on the user game add/edit screen will now update all the graphics settings on the games in the user game profile.
- There is now an apply graphics settings to all games in profile checkbox on the user game profile edit screen.
- The user game add/edit screen and user game profile add/edit screen will now prevent saving if Gravis Ultra Sound is enabled and its IRQ is the same as the Sound Blaster IRQ.
- Doom Engine games now have the option to enable auto run.
- Renamed the "Mods" column of the game room lobby to "M / M" for "Mods and Maps" and it will now have a value of either "Mods", "Maps", "Both" or blank.
- Added buttons above the game room information panel to allow switching between room info, room options, room mods and maps, and room players.
- Players in a game room and their status can now be seen before entering a game room by clicking the "Players" button above the room information panel.
18.104.22.168 - 2022/08/09
- Updated base conf file to default the "negotiate" of the "mixer" section to false.
- The select shader file button will now only enable when selecting "Shader File" or "User Shader File" from the GL Shaders dropdown.
- Fixed bugs related to games that had a graphic mode set that is no longer supported by DOSBox Staging.
- Added support for World War II: GI. GOG profile is also available.
22.214.171.124 - 2022/08/08
- Client will now better handle removing/updating non-permanent game rooms which were automatically deactivated and synchronized for clients not in the game room.
- Updated the restrict session to IP option to default to false. NOTE: It's recommended that this option be turned off unless you have a static IP.
- Possibly resolved the random "List index out of bounds (-2)" error. If you still encounter this, please let me know.
- Fixed bug where the game room create screen would randomly switch between game option tabs when changing games instead of defaulting to the first tab.
- Files that should not be saved to a game's overlay mount are now deleted before the game starts and if they exist after the game ends it copies them to the game folder and then deletes them. This affects the config files for these games:
- Blood (One Unit Whole Blood)
- Command & Conquer: Red Alert
- Command & Conquer: Red Alert - Aftermath
- Command & Conquer: Red Alert - Counterstrike
- Descent II
- Duke Nukem 3D: Atomic Edition
- Redneck Rampage
- Redneck Rampage Rides Again
- Shadow Warrior
- Shadow Warrior: Twin Dragon
- Shadow Warrior: Wanton Destruction
- Warcraft II
- Warcraft II: Beyond the Dark Portal
- The same previous fix will also handle the Build engine games that allow for using the Build Mouse Fix EXE patch. These game's EXEs will be handled:
- Duke Nukem 3D
- Shadow Warrior
- Redneck Rampage
- Added EXE hacks for Heretic and Hexen.
- Updated the graphics mode setting to only include the settings that DOSBox staging supports: Surface, OpenGL, OpenGLnb, OpenGLpp, Texture, TextureNB and TexturePP.
- Added DOSBox staging Texture Renderer graphics option for game profiles and user games.
- Added DOSBox staging VSync and VSync Skip graphics options for game profiles and user games.
- Added DOSBox staging Mouse Raw Input option for game profiles and user games. Located on the "Input" tab of the profile and game configuration screens.
- Added DOSBox staging GL Shaders graphics option for game profiles and user games. You can choose between selecting a complete absolute path to a GLSL file or a GLSL file located in the global DOSBox user "glshaders" folder.
- Fixed bug where the double buffering check box on the user profiles screen was enabled before enabling a profile to edit.
- Updated the "Auto Lock" mouse input option to set the DOSBox Staging "capture_mouse" option. On = onstart middlegame, Off = onclick middlegame. This option still defaults to on and should work the same as mainline DOSBox.
- Updated to pass the -nolocalconf command line argument to DOSBox as to not load any dosbox.conf files that may be in a game's folder, potentially causing problems.
- Game room creators and game room server owners can now kick players from the rooms.
- Updated the "Add" button of the "My Servers" screen to only enable if the player is a SysOp. A notice will also be displayed the first time the screen is opened stating that in order to add or maintain servers you first need to install the CGA dedicated server and configure it for remote administration.
- Games that do not require waiting on max players will now allow for auto launching the game from a protocol URL instead of just entering the room. There is also now a copy launch URL button on the game room lobby screen.
126.96.36.199 - 2022/08/01
- Added 64MB as an option to DOSBox memory options. (note: DOSBox will set its memsize to 63)
- Removed asking to run game setup program after editing a game.
- Added run and setup game buttons to game edit screen which will enable after applying changes to a game's configuration.
- Changed all references to "Global Handle" to "Display Name".
- Updated the change display name dialog to properly validate the display name characters and only enable the "Ok" button when the name differs from the current display name.
- Updated account screen to denote the first name, last name and homepage fields as optional.
- Game room creation now has an option to announce the newly created game room to the chat lobby. This option is on by default, but can be turned off in the configuration. The game room screen also has an announce button on it which can be used by the room creator or server owner to also announce the room to the chat lobby. Rooms will only be announced to players who have the game of the game room configured.
- Moved the game room screen buttons out of the tittle bar and to a panel inbetween the title bar and chat widnow.
- Game rooms will now be synced between all online players when they are added, edited and deleted. The lobby list will update automatically.
- Fixed bug where the "Players" column of the game room lobby was showing "1" instead of the sum of all the players in the room.
- Temp max player count will now be synced to all players in a game room so it's now visible when it changes. A notification will also be displayed in the game room chat window.
- The "Reset to Profile" and "Reset to Default" buttons of the game edit screen will now always be enabled.
- The main window title no longer shows your display name and neither does the tray icon title.
- Game room creation now has an option to announce the newly created game room to Discord in the #game-rooms channel. This option is on by default, but can be turned off in the configuration. The game room screen also has an announce button on it which can be used by the room creator or server owner to also announce the room to Discord.
- The cga:// protocol handler has been reimplemented and will allow for entering game rooms from a link. These links are being used in the Discord game room announcement messages.
- From a game room's lobby you can now copy its cga:// URL to the clipboard. A prompt will appear when copying asking to format for Discord, if "Yes" is clicked the URL will be formatted for pasting into Discord chat and if not it will just be the plain link.
- A notification will now be displayed in a non-permanent game room when it becomes inactive and explains how it can be reactivated.
188.8.131.52 - 2022/07/28
- Fixed bug where editing a game room for a game with a max of 2 players was no longer setting the already selected server settings.
- Added an option (default to on) which sets the max players on a new game room to the max for games that require waiting on all players to start the game.
- The ability to temporarily change the max players on a game room for games that require waiting on all players to start the game is no longer restricted to permanent game rooms.
- Fixed bug where the edit button for a non-permanent game room would still be active after the room has become inactive. It will now enable after reactivating the game room.
184.108.40.206 - 2022/07/27
- Mods and maps for Ultimate Doom, Doom II and Final Doom can now be configured to require their respective EXE hacks. These additional EXE files are included in the installer.
220.127.116.11 - 2022/07/25
- Moved the Build MFX and Doom No Vertical Mouse options to the main game tab of the game add/edit screen.
- Changed the name of "Paths" tab of the game create/edit screen to "General".
- Max players will now be automatically set to 2 players if the game being set in a game room only allows for 2 players max.
- ZOOM Platform has been added as a game config type.
- Zone Raiders is now supported. ZOOM profile available.
- Added permanent chat channel for Zone Raiders.
- Client will now delete its base config files after an upgrade. This is to ensure any new settings are always downloaded from the cloud.
- The game room lobby will now show the number of players in a room under the "Players" column and the number of players playing in the "Playing" column.
- Updated Steam profiles for Ultimate Doom and Doom II to not require selecting the "base" folder when setting up these games.
- Fixed bug where Ultimate Doom for Steam and Doom II for GOG and Steam would not correctly work with stat tracking after updating profiles to allow for selecting each game's root folder.
- GOG profile for Ultimate Doom is now available.
- GOG profile for Doom II is now available.
18.104.22.168 - 2022/07/25
- Renamed "My Profiles" to "My Game Profiles" under the main "Edit" menu, updated the profile screen title to "Game Profiles" and updated the profile selector hint to read "Game Profiles" instead of "User Profiles".
- DOSBox EXE will be validated before enabling stat tracking.
- Accounts can now be created from within the client.
- Account information can now be edited from client from the "Edit" --> "My Account" menu item.
- Added an option (default to on) which asks the player if they want to run a game's setup program after adding/editing a game. If they click yes then the game's setup program is run.
- Players can now set and change their account avatar from the account edit screen. The player's avatar is now also shown on the bottom left corner of the main window.
22.214.171.124 - 2022/07/10
- Corrected the Gravis Ultrasound driver path in the base DOSBox configuration file to Y:\ULTRASND.
- Added GOG profile for Syndicate: American Revolt. Note that this game must be set to 16MB of memory for it to run.
- Added a server refresh button to the game room create/edit screen. This will perform a complete refresh of the server list and ping all servers, even ones that had previously not be contacted.
- Fixed bug that was causing Quake mods to not extract properly to their respective sub folders.
- Fixed bug where downloading NetKeen mods from the mod management screen would extract the files to a subfolder with the extension name instead of the root folder.
126.96.36.199 - 2022/07/09
- Cryptic Passage for Blood is now supported. GOG profile is also available. It is listed as "Blood (Cryptic Passage)".
- Blood (Shareware) is now supported.
- Earth 2140 is now supported. GOG profile is also available.
- Rise of the Triad: Dark War (Site CD) has been removed and any configured player games have been changed to the regular full ROTT game. This is because the regular full version of ROTT and the Site CD version are compatible.
- Added permanent chat channels for:
- Alien Trilogy
- Mass Destruction
- International Moto X
- Battle Arena Toshinden
- Star Control III
- Last Rites
- SU-27 Flanker
- Earth 2140
- Renamed permanent chat channel "Syndicate: American Revolt" to just "Syndicate" now that Syndicate Wars is now supported.
- You can no longer edit a game room for a game not in your current user game profile.
- Refreshing the server list while in a game room will no longer send you back to the lobby unless the game room is no longer available.
- Game room will now list mods and maps in the chat window when entering the room.
- Game room launch button will no longer disable for a non-permanent room on a dedicated server and that room is deactivated. If a player from the room launches the game again it will reactivate the room as long as they are still in the room.
- Added a "Reactivate" button to the game room screen which a game room owner or server owner can user to reactivate a room they are still in that just became deactivated. The button will enable after all players have launched the games, the room is on a dedicated server and it's not a permanent room.
188.8.131.52 - 2022/07/07
- Adjusted the default AFK timeout to 30 minutes.
- Fixed bug preventing the client from running on Windows 7 because the Windows API calls "RegisterSuspendResumeNotification" and "UnregisterSuspendResumeNotification" do not exist in Windows 7.
- Added room location and mods fields to the main lobby listing.
- Mod management screen will now display single player only mods/maps.
- Added support for NetKeen custom maps.
- Client will now enforce the 75MB file upload size limit.
- Syndicate Wars is now supported. GOG profile is also available.
- Last Rites is now supported. GOG profile is also available.
- Star Control III is now supported. GOG profile is also available.
- Tyrian 2000 is now supported. GOG profile is also available.
- Battle Arena Toshinden is now supported.
- International Moto X is now supported.
- Mass Destruction is now supported.
- Z.A.R. is now supported. Steam profile is also available.
- Alien Trilogy is now supported.
184.108.40.206 - 2022/07/05
- You can now double click on a game mod in the game mod management screen to edit it if you own it.
- Corrected game mod create/edit screen from enabling the OK button before selecting files from the zip when it's necessary for the game.
- The Shadow Warrior and Redneck Rampage GOG releases will now launch properly when using custom maps and mods.
- You can now delete mods and maps from the mods and maps management screen.
- Updated the default DOSBox mouse capture settings to "onstart middlegame".
- Updated the stat tracking system to work properly with DOSBox Staging.
- AFK Timeout can now be configured in the configuration screen. 0 = no AFK.
- Final Doom can now use mods.
- Corrected bug where a game's options would not always load in the game room create/edit screen after leaving the mod management screen.
220.127.116.11 - 2022/07/02
- Change history will now load in a window instead of having the OS open the changes.txt file in the user's default text editor.
- Added an option to allow disabling the splash screen on start up.
- Corrected a bug that would sometimes causes the game room list to duplicate on start up.
- Corrected a bug where a newly created game room was not being assigned its associated server object and causing a crash if that server was not actually available when trying to connect to it.
- Corrected a bug where the server pings were not properly saving when a server wasn't available for a game room and the client tried to connect to it.
- Added a "Refresh" menu item to the main "Games" menu item with an F5 shortcut.
- Installer will no longer have the "View Release Notes" post install task checked by default.
- The game room lobby list columns are now sortable.
- The "My Games" list columns are now sortable.
- The user chat room list columns are now sortable.
- Added the Embarcadero Delphi logo and link to the Delphi website in the about screen.
- A sound will now play when a chat message arrives. This can be turned off and on in the chat configuration. It will not play when a game is running.
- Corrected a division by zero error that could potentially happen on the server stats screen.
- EULA will now load in a window instead of having the OS open the lincese.txt file in the user's default text editor.
- Added a "What's New" screen which will display the first time opening the client after updating. It can be disabled/enabled in the general configuration.
- User game profiles now have a base game path field which will be used for doing manual game installs and game detection. It will also be the default path when selecting a path for a new game.
- Corrected bug where the client would crash on start up if prompt for login was not set and auto login was not set.
- User servers can now always be deleted even if a remote admin password is not set.
- The single player and multiplayer stats buttons for user games will now only enable for games that have trackable stats.
- Client will now handle a system channel notice which will inform the user that a client update is now available and display a Windows notification and a chat room notice message in the current chat room they are in.
- Client will now properly handle the Windows suspend/resume states and disconnect and reconnect respectively to the chat system. This will allow for properly notifiying friends when a player's computer goes to sleep and wakes up. This will also allow for an accurate online player listing on the website. If for any reason a player's computer doesn't suspend properly and their chat connection times out, our backend system will handle setting the player to offline.
- Updated game room create/edit screen so that you no longer have to select a server type before selecting a server and unchecking/checking "Allow audio chat" will filter the server list. Servers that do not support audio chat will not be in the server list if "Allow audio chat" is checked.
- The "I will be the server" server option will now be the last server in the game room create/edit screen server list, but only if "Allow audio chat" is not checked and the player has P2P ports configured for the current user profile. It is now also labelled as "Not Recommended".
- Global Conquests's GCFIX.COM file will now be copied to the game folder so it can be used automatically.
- Client now includes the Build engine mouse fix file BUILDMFX.EXE which will be copied to the player's game folder automatically, but will only used if the game is configured to use it. This patch works with the following games:
It can be enabled and disabled on the "Input" tab of the game edit screen.
- Duke Nukem 3D
- Shadow Warrior
- Redneck Rampage
- Client now includes the no vertical mouse movement fix file NOVERT.COM which will be copied to the player's game folder automatically, but will only be used if the game is configured to use it. All Doom engine games have been updated to allow using this fix:
It can be enabled and disabled from the "Input" tab of the game edit screen.
- Doom II
- Final Doom
- Adjusted the DOSBox default settings and the DOSBox settings will now be downloaded when using the reset to default DOSBox settings in the user profile and user game screen. These are now the defaults for these settings:
- Rendering = OpenGLnb
- Fullscreen = On
- Keep Aspect Ratio = On
- Scaling Engine = None
- RAM = 32MB
- Joystick Type = Auto
- Corrected a bug where when using the "Reset to Default" or "Reset to Profile" options when editing a game would not always save the changes.
- Operation Body Count is now supported. Its GOG profile is also available.
- Powerslave / Exhumed is now supported. Its GOG profile is also available.
- NAM is now supported. Its GOG profile is also available.
- Final Doom is now supported. It is listed as 2 games:
Their GOG and Steam profiles are also available.
- Final Doom (TNT: Evilution)
- Final Doom (The Plutonia Experiment)
- All Ultimate Doom, Doom II, Heretic and Hexen map names have been renamed to include their respective in-game names.
- The 3 deathmatch levels for Heretic: Shadow of the Serpent Riders are now available (E6M1, E6M2 and E6M3).
- Added permanent chat channels for NAM, Operation Body Count and Powerslave.
- Updated the "Debug Mode" option on the miscellaneous configuration tab to read "DOSBox Debug Mode".
- Updated the game room create/edit screen to not enable the "Ok" button until all required fields are populated.
- Command & Conquer: Red Alert - Aftermath now supported.
- Game mods and maps can now be used when setting up game rooms! Currently supported games (only full games):
- Ultimate Doom
- Doom II
- Rise of the Triad
- Chasm: The Rift
- Blood / Blood (One Unit Whole Blood)
- Warcraft II / Warcraft II: Beyond the Dark Portal
- Descent II
- Command & Conquer: Red Alert / Counterstrike / Aftermath
- Shadow Warrior / Wanton Destruction / Twin Dragon
- Duke Nukem 3D
- Redneck Rampage / Redneck Rampage: Rides Again
- Game mods and maps will be uploaded to our servers so they can be used by all players and will be synchronized automatically when launching the games from a game room.
- Any custom mods and/or maps will display in the game room info panel.
- DOS Drive "X:" is no longer available when setting up a virtual CD-ROM drive for a game as it is now being used for mounting the mods and maps folder.
- For games that have pre-start options with enemy/monster selections the default is now "None".
- Corrected a bug where selected info panel items' values would not clear from the bottom panel when the info panel's associated list view no longer had a selected item. The screens fixed were the game room lobby, my games, my servers and servers.
- Doom engine games will now use a version of IPXSETUP.EXE from the fragglet/vanilla-utilities suite in order to ensure all mods are properly passed to the primary EXE: https://github.com/fragglet/vanilla-utilities. The games using this alternate EXE are:
The alternate EXE will not overwrite IPXSETUP.EXE, but will be named
- Ultimate Doom
- Doom II
- Upgraded DOSBox to version 0.78.1 of the DOSBox Staging build which provides mount overlay support which is being used to handle mapping to CGA's game mod and maps folders for games that need custom mods and maps to exist in these games' parent folder without copying the files to that folder.
- The game list view columns are now sortable.
- The View menu now has a "Game Mods & Maps" menu item which will open the screen that displays all the games with mods and/or maps and users who have uploaded mods or maps can maintain them from here.
18.104.22.168 - 2022/06/07
- The client will now run a separate DOSBox instance for Rise of the Triad's dedicated server.
- The first person to start the game in a game room for Rise of the Triad or NetKeen will be the server instead of the room owner.
- Game room names can now be set and edited from the client and are displayed in the main game room list as well as the game room info panel. When entering a game room a message will now be displayed that says "You have entered <room_name>!"
- Fixed several instances in the GUI where text with ampersands would be rendered as accelorator key shortcuts (ie: an underscore) instead of an ampersand.
22.214.171.124 - 2022/05/27
- The game room launch game process will now check to see if the client needs to be updated before allowing the client to launch the game and connect to the game room. If an update is needed the launch process is halted and the player is now asked if they want to check for updates.
126.96.36.199 - 2022/05/25
- Corrected an issue which would hang the client when connecting to a game room's server and the client is immediately disconnected before connecting to the server's relay server.
- If a server is not able to be connected to when launching a game from a game room the player will automatically leave the game room and the server ping time will be set to 9999 which will also flag it from being used by the player to create game rooms. If the player created the game room they will be asked if they want to delete the game room.
188.8.131.52 - 2022/05/22
- Corrected access violation when an update is found during the client startup process that prevents the client from closing
184.108.40.206 - 2022/05/22
- Corrected access violation when attempting to access the server list screen after logging out and back in again.
- Pinging servers on startup will not longer ping servers that were previously flagged as unreachable.
- The startup process will no longer wait on the server ping process to complete.
- The refresh all and ping all functions of the servers screen will be disabled while the startup server ping process is running.
- The ping all button of the servers screen will now stay disabled until the ping process completes.
- Unreachable servers will no longer be selectable when creating or editing game rooms.
220.127.116.11 - 2022/05/10
- Corrected crash when regional settings are not set to United States.
- Updated the Discord join URL to a permanent discord URL: https://discord.gg/SvQyFQZEYp
18.104.22.168 - 2022/03/02
- Corrected some buttons throughout the client that had incorrect hints.
- Corrected some access violations that could occur if the user had no default profile (which has been corrected on the backend as well) or if they do not connect to the chat server and they attempt to navigate to some of the main menu items.
22.214.171.124 - 2022/02/28
- The client is now a complete desktop application. Windows only to start, but
has a lot of new options and features including:
- All funtionality from the website has been carried over to the desktop
client, plus a lot more!
- Lots of stability and bug fixes.
- Starting when Windows starts.
- Start the client minimized when auto starting.
- Start the client maximized.
- Minimize on close.
- System tray icon.
- System notifications.
- Auto login.
- Loading the last game profile used when logging in after client is closed.
- Pinging servers with the option to not ping them on startup.
- DOSBox console can now be set to show when starting a game.
- Players can change their password.
- Players can change their global handle.
- Game list screen will now allow you to see the players who have each game.
- Game list screen will now allow you to go a game's official website (if it
- Game list now shows each game's genre.
- Server list will now show all information about the server.
- Server list will now allow viewing each server's room and session
statistics the same as from the user servers screen.
- Game room screens now have functioning chat.
- You can now restrict the client session to your current IP.
- Client is now using TLS to communicate with the web API and no longer
uses a custom encryption scheme.
- The game room screens will now show the welcome message from a dedicated
server if it has one configured (new feature of servers) when connecting to
- 32-bit and 64-bit versions.
- A complete chat system has been added.
- Players can created up to 5 custom chat channels.
- Option for auto excepting chat room invites in general or from friends
- Option for auto excepting private chat session invites in general or from
- Option to auto switch to auto accepted chat room ivites in general or from
- Option to auto switch to auto accepted private chat session ivites in
general or from friends only.
- Auto-join up to 10 chat channels after login.
- Option to display message timestamps.
- Each game now has its own dedicated chat chanel.
- There is now a dedicated help channel.
- Server SysOps will now have access to a dedicated SysOps channel which is
only available to SysOps.
- A friends system has been added.
- You can have up to 100 friends.
- You can see each friend's online status.
- System notifcations when friends come online and go offline. These can be
- Players can now invite other players to chat rooms, game rooms and private
chat sessions. All user listings will have a context menu with these options.
- You can now set a default game profile per user.
- Added an option to always run game setup programs in windowed mode.
- Game rooms can now be edited.
- Added the start of a game stat tracking (ie: frags, bullets collected) system
- Games supported so far: "Ultimate Doom" and "Doom II".
- Leader boards.
- User global XP and levels.
- Individual game XP and levels.
- You can disable stat tracking globally.
- You can enable/disable stat tracking per game profile.
- Game list now shows if a game supports stat tracking.
- Added ability to configure all previously unavailable DOSBox settings.
- Sound card settings.
- Joystick settings.
- Memory settings.
- Frameskip options.
- Miscellaneous options.
- Mouse sensitivity settings.
- Added Gravis Ultrasound driver files for players that want to use the GUS for
sound and/or music. The folder is setup to be Y:\ULTRASND and the Y:\ drive
is no longer available for use as a virtual CD drive on game setups.
- Each game will now have its own DOSBox key mapper file when mappings are set
when a game is running.
- Player can now open and view the session log in real-time.
- Networking improvements.
- Client will now use the server's local IP address if the player is
connecting from the same remote address as the server.
- Client will now send its local IP address for P2P games for this same
- Improved communication security with dedicated servers.
- Client can only have one instance running on any machine.
- Client will be auto logged out if player logs in from another location.
- Each game now has a genre set on them.
- Client can now shutdown a running game when exiting.
- Game profiles now have defefault DOSBox settings which are used when adding
new games to a profile.
- All DOSBox settings have defaults.
- You can now reset a game's DOSBox settings to the default or to the profile's
- Server SysOps can now maintain their servers completely from the "My Servers"
- Add, edit and delete servers.
- Start, stop and restart servers.
- View all server information.
- Ping servers.
- View server game room and session statistics.
- Game rooms configured as permanent with a game that requires having to wait
on all players configured for the room (ie: Ultimate Doom with 4 players)
before the game will start can now be temporarily set to less players.
- Added a looking for game (LFG) system. Players can now set themselves as
looking for any game, a specific game or not looking.
- Added an away from keyboard (AFK) setting and time out.
- Players can set if they are AFK or not.
- There is a 10 minute AFK idle timeout.
- Once automatically AFKed the player will come out of AFK by interacting
with the client.
- Player will not go auto AFK if they are playing a game.
- All player listings will show a players online/AFK status.
- Added a find player system.
- The find plater screen can be access from a game room screen or from the
- There are several filtering options:
- Players with a specific game or any game.
- Players looking for any game or a specific game.
- Excluding AFK players.
- Players within a certain level range.
- Players within a certain game level range. Only avialable for games
which currently have stat tracking.
- Returned list of players allows for inviting another player:
- To the current chat room you are in.
- To any of the chat rooms you are in.
- To the current game room you are in.
- To any of the game rooms you are in.
- To a private chat session.
- To be friends.
- Updated to support creating the game Z's batch file it needs to use to launch.
- Added the DOS executable PS10.EXE to the "etc" folder which is a fix for
"Chasm: The Rift" so it will work when DOSBox's core setting is set to
- Game rooms now have a separate player list for players that are connected to
the game room for play. The player will also be switched to this view when
they connect. From this list the player can now:
- See all player's audio chat enabled/disabled status.
- See all player's audio chat talking status.
- Mute other player's audio chat.
- Open the configuration screen to the audio chat settings.
- Audio chat settings can now be changed while they are connected to a
server with audio chat. Even disabled and enabled without having to
disconnect and reconnect.
- Game rooms now have buttons to allow editing a game's setup, running the
game's setup program or editing the game room itself before launching.
- Audio chat push-to-talk (Windows only) support has been improved.
- keypress.dll is no longer included as the mouse and keyboard hooks have
been converted to low level hooks and moved into the client.
- Audio chat local loopback bugs have been resolved.
- Installer now has option to start client after installation (default).
- If a game room has audio chat enabled all players will now connect to the
audio chat server even if they have audio chat disabled. They will not be
able to hear anyone talking unless they enable audio chat, but this can now be
done without disconencting and reconnecting.
- When creating a new game room dedicated servers with audio chat is now the
first option and P2P is last.
- When a server owner is creating a new game room on their own server and the
server is private and the server has the new "Friend Private Access" option
disabled they will now have the option to allow friends to access that
specific room without knowing the server password.
- Friends of a server owner can now create rooms on a private server with no
player rooms enabled if the server owner enabled the new "Friend Rooms"
- Friends of a server owner can now access game rooms on a private server
without knowing the password if the server owner has enabled the new option
"Friend Private Access".
- You can now view all information about each game room from the lobby scren.
- These files will be removed as they are no longer necessary:
- Registry key which registered the CGA protocol handler will be removed since
the client will no longer be launched from the website.
- Added a PayPal donate link in the main\help menu, system tray menu and about
screen. Donations are not necessary, but very welcome:
- Added a bug reporting tool.
- Added a feature request tool.
- Game room game options will now be displayed in the chat window when the game
room becomes ready and the game has options that can be set before starting.
126.96.36.199 - 2014/01/22
- Removed AES encryption when getting game room data. The AES code was buggy and not working correctly all the time.
188.8.131.52 - 2014/01/10
- Mac OSX now supported!
- Windows and Mac client include a small menu program. In Windows the shortcut is named "Classic Gaming Arena" and you have the option during install to add it to the desktop and/or the quick launch. It is also in the start menu. On Mac it is the default program run when the application is launched. It is also now launched by default for the Windows client if nothing is passed on the command line instead of the website being opened.
- Corrected the bug that played a "player left" sound whenever someone left any game room on the server the client was connected.
- Added a debug mode option to the client configuration which will allow the player to see all the dos commands being run by DOSBox. It will also pause execution before the game runs and after the game exits. This feature works in multiplayer, single player and game setup mode. This option is also configurable from the configuration program under the misc tab.
- New logo icon now being used where applicable.
184.108.40.206 - 2013/04/23
- Improved security.
- Now passes player name, country, OS and game name to the sever for debugging purposes.
- Added TCP keep-alive.
220.127.116.11 - 2013/03/18
- Added integrated audio chat using TeamSpeak 3 SDK!
- Corrected code that writes the log file for the first time. It now sets the correct permissions under Linux.
- Log file is now just "cgaclient.log" with no date.
- Re-added the client configuration program. It can be executed using the -c or --configure command line arguments with the CGA Client. Its settings are saved per user in the .cgaclient/conf folder under their respective user profile folder.
- Push-to-Talk audio chat feature added. (Windows only)
- Linux users: The PID file path, config path and dosbox path can now be set in the new cgaclient shell script used to launch the CGA Client for Linux users. Located in /usr/bin.
- Now reports its OS to the website.
- CPU settings are now passed to DOSBox from the website.
- Video hardware setting is now passed to DOSBox from the website.
- Now supports the config file for Elder Scrolls: Battlespire.
- Client will now edit game config files in single player and setup mode if needed. (Screamer 2 and Elder Scrolls: BattleSpire)
18.104.22.168 - 2012/09/21
- Uses the new serial options data field that has been added for use by some games (Jurassic War) that use a serial connection for multi-player support. This option allows us to tweak the serial settings for these games.
22.214.171.124 - 2012/09/20
- Refined TCP code to work with updated server.
126.96.36.199 - 2012/07/29
- Corrected a bug where in the client would not log that it was already running in the event that a second instance of the client was run.
- Added system error logging when errors occur during file copy processes so that the problem can be determined more accurately. ie: if a file is missing or a permissions problem occurs.
188.8.131.52 - 2012/07/16
- Now supports private CGA servers.
184.108.40.206 - 2012/07/07
- General code cleanup and optimization.
- Adding more error handling.
- Added logging. A "log" folder will now be created under your user profile.
The log file format is "cgaclient_yyyy_mm_dd.log".
220.127.116.11 - 2012/07/05
- Added a register new account link to the Start Menu group.
- Singleplayer mode and setup mode will now update the current profile on the website with the client's version.
18.104.22.168 - 2012/06/17
- The client now has several operating modes.
- Multiplayer mode. (normal)
- Single player mode. This will launch a game with no network connectivity and will only be playable in single player mode. Initiated from the website.
- Setup mode. This mode launches a game's setup program. It is initiated from the website.
- Update check mode. This mode will check for updates and tell you if your client is up-to-date.
- Version update mode. This mode will update current logged in profile with version of the your client. Initiated from the website.
- Updated the "CGA Client on the Web" start menu link to point to:
- Added a "Check for Updates" start menu link.
- Added an "End-User License Agreement" start menu link.
- Added the setup executables for Doom and Doom II for the Steam distributed versions since they were not shipped with these versions of the game. They will be copied to their respective game directories when launched from the website.
22.214.171.124 - 2012/06/08
- DOSBox is now distributed with the CGA Client. It will be used for all games including those purchased from GOG.com and Steam.
- The option to configure the CGA Client has been removed. It will return with future feature updates. The installer no longer offers to run the configuration after install.
- Added a change history file. (changes.txt) The installer now offers the options to view the change history after installation has completed.
- A menu item has been added to the start menu group to view the change history.
- Added innosetup_license.txt.
- Files copied to the user profile path are now copied to:
- Added an End-User License Agreement (EULA) contained within license.txt.
- A screen shot and video capture path is now created under the aforementioned client path as "capture". A profile id sub folder will also be created for each CGA profile that accesses the client. This path will be as the capture folder for DOSBox. (this is for a future feature)
126.96.36.199 - 2012/02/27
- For serial games DOSBox is now always configured to use its Serial1 interface (COM1 in DOS terms). So make sure to configure your games to always use COM1.
188.8.131.52 - 2012/02/26
- Now supports serial connections. (nullmodem)
184.108.40.206 - 2012/02/05
- The configuration file that ships with the client is now used as a temporary file and copied to your user profile folder when the client is launched, edited for use by the current game room and deleted when the client shuts down.
- You can now configure most of the DOSBox graphics options per game from the CGA Website.
220.127.116.11 - 2012/02/04
- Games purchased from GOG.com and Steam are now supported.
- No longer creates a batch file (cga.bat) that gets copied to the game folder.
- DOSBox is no longer launched with the cga.bat file.
- All necessary commands needed to launch DOSBox, connect to a server and start a game are now added to the autoexec section of the DOSBox configuration file being used. They are then removed.
- For GOG.com and Steam games the version of DOSBox that ships with them is used instead of a preinstalled version. The DOSBox configuration file for these games is copied to your home folder and used for CGA's purposes and deleted when the client closes.
- IPXSETUP.EXE is now included with the client and will be copied to the game folder for Steam based id games since they did not ship them with this file. It is required for network play.
18.104.22.168 - 2012/01/19
22.214.171.124 - 2011/11/15
- Full screen mode is no longer part of the global DOSBox configuration. It is now set per game on the website.
126.96.36.199 - 2011/11/09
- Your DOSBox path no longer has to be configured through the website.
- The CGA Client now has command line parameters to launch it in configuration mode.
--configure or -c
- In Windows there is now a shortcut added to the start menu named "CGA Client (Configure)" which lauches it in configuration mode.
- The new configuration mode allows you to configure your DOSBox path and fullscreen mode.
- The CGA installer will launch the client in configuration mode after the installation has finished. You also have the option to not have it run after the installation completes.
- All error messages that the client previously returned as a pop-up dialog are now opened in your web browser. This change makes cross-platform development/deployment more efficient since it removes the need for GUI controls. It also allows for better explanation of the errors as well as how to correct them.
- The Linux version is almost ready for public release. So far it is working just like the Windows version!
188.8.131.52 - 2011/11/04
- Your DOSBox configuration file no longer has to be configured on the website. This will make setup quicker and easier.
- The CGA Client now comes with a DOSBox configuration file which it copies to your user profile path the first time it is run. It is never overwritten and you can modify as you see fit. The file name is called cga-dosbox.conf.
184.108.40.206 - 2011/09/24
- This update removes cdiupdate.dll. The update checking logic is now built into the client.
- NOTE: The update logic has also been updated slightly so previous versions will not be able to detect this new version. It will have to be downloaded and installed manually.
220.127.116.11 - 2011/09/22
- This update of the client now checks to make sure your local CD path exists (CD-ROM or ISO), returns an error if it does not and exits th client. Also with this version the cient is now executed using a custom URL protocol instead of a MIME type. What this means is an easier confiuratin and less chance for security issues since there is no file to download.
- You will need to download and install this version of the client manually before you will be able to use the website to launch games.
18.104.22.168 - 2011/08/18
- This updated corrects the issue wherein the client will crash internally if the player's DOSBox paths have not been set and reports the error that the CGA file is corrupt instead of reporting that the paths are blank.
- This update also adjusts the order in which an update check to the client occurs. It now occurs first instead of after processing the CGA file. In the earlier versions of the client and the website the player's user profile was passed in the CGA file so the updater had to run after opening the file and reading the user profile path. This no longe is necessary since the client looks up the player's user profile path.
22.214.171.124 - 2011/02/18
- The client will no longer copy the netbios.exe file and execute it for every game. Only the games that need it will this occur.
126.96.36.199 - 2011/02/17
188.8.131.52 - 2011/01/31
- The only change is that the client no longer requires the player's local user profile path passed in from the website. The client now determines it. It can no longer be configured on the website as well since it is no longer needed.
184.108.40.206 - 2011/01/26
- Client will now check for updates and inform the player. The client will not allow outdated versions to run. This is to ensure there are no discrepencies between the server and client software.
- Games such as Duke Nukem 3D that require a configuration INI file to be edited to set the network settings will now work correctly.
- Virtual Networks: Client passes to the latest server a unique network id so that each game room is segregated from the others. Allowing data packets for each game room to only be sent between connections within that room.
Continue to Server Change Log...